LIFESTYLE

SELF HELP || LOSING FOCUS

12:10



Every now and then the things I am doing and want to do seem to get a little blurry. Almost like I am reaching for something far away but it is just too far to see. This is something I have been thinking about a lot recently and I figure that I can't be the only one who occasionally feels this way. So I decided to write a blog post about what helps me when my goals seem a bit fuzzy and out of focus.

  1. Take a break
    Stop thinking about how confused you are and just let yourself be. You are probably losing focus because you are analysing you goals too much which makes you question them. This is okay, it will help keep you on the right path but it is also important to remember that you are living in the present not the future. So take a deep breath and let it be.
  2. Drink some tea
    Whenever I am stressed out or feeling a little lost my boyfriend advises me to drink some tea and while it is probably quite English of me to say it often helps. I am quite fussy when it comes to regular tea, however I frequently drink fruity, floral and herbal teas. Often they also come with added benefits such as Chamomile for calming.
  3. Talk to someone
    I find it really helps me when I don't know if I am aiming for the right things to discuss that with someone that would want the best for me. I also like to talk to more than one person to gain perspective. So usually I will ask for the opinions of my mother, step father and boyfriend as I know that they are all very different but they all want me to be happy.
  4. Go for a walk
    Personally when I go for a walk, if I don't stop whilst walking I come back even more stressed out than before but this doesn't mean going for a walk doesn't help me. All it means is that when I go for a walk the best thing for me to do is find somewhere in nature to just sit and think (or not think) and be. I know a lot of us forget to stop sometimes, there is always something to do. Even when it appears I have stopped and I'm chilling, in bed whilst watching netflix often I haven't stopped because my mind is still active. Going for a walk and a sit really slows that down.
  5. Write a list
    I love writing lists and I know I've said it before but I will probably say it again at some point. Write a bucket list. Write a list about what you want to have and where you want to be in five years. Write a list about things that make your uneasy. Write a list about how to deal with the things in the previous lists. I find that lists really help get everything out in a more organised way than just splattering your thoughts on to paper (which is also good). 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

//]]>